Palliative and Hospice Resident's Visitors
- Before entering the facility all will be screened for COVID19 symptoms, have their temperature check and documented on the facility approved logs. If no symptoms and no fever they may continue to step 4B. If symptoms or fever greater than 100.4F they will be instructed to return to leave immediately. The screening will document on log and report to the facility administrator.
- Palliative/Hospice Resident’s Visitors will place a cloth mask on covering nose and mouth. This mask covering must remain on at all times and can only be removed after exiting the facility.
- Palliative/Hospice Resident’s Visitors will enter the facility from the outside at the door closest to the residents’ room. The resident must be in a private room for visitations to occur.
- Palliative/Hospice Resident’s Visitors will hand sanitize or wash hands as soon as they enter the resident’s room. They should avoid touching unnecessary surfaces until hands are sanitized or washed.
- The resident’s room door will remain shut during the visit. Resident will be on a 14 day quarantine period after the visits and/or when they leave the facility for any reason.
- The Palliative/Hospice Resident’s Visitors will remain in the resident’s room at all times. When the visitor is ready to leave the facility, the visitor or resident will ring the signaling device (call bell) and staff will walk the visitor out the nearest door. At no time should a visitor be in any common area including hallways without the supervision of an employee.
- At any time any violations to the Palliative/Hospice Resident’s Visitors the visitor will no longer be able to visit until further notice. The facility administrator and the regional administrator will discuss the violation issues prior to reconsideration of lifting the restriction of the visitor.
- A signed copy of Palliative/Hospice Resident’s Visitors policy will be kept in the resident’s record.